International Fabulousness Day

Wednesday, March 09, 2011



That is what I think International Women's Day should be renamed. Because clearly, that is what it is.


If you didn't get the chance yesterday, I highly recommend making yourself a wee cup of tea (or, better yet, getting a man to make it for you...) and settling down to enjoy all the thoughtful and intelligent posts that were run yesterday on Any Other Wedding and One Cat Per Person, as part of In Her Own Words. You should read all of the comments too. Inspiring stuff.

I loved all of yesterday's posts - they were as diverse, articulate, witty and insightful as the women who wrote them - but here are some of my favourites:




"It's Senator Clinton, b*tch". Um, need I say more?

Encouraging minds - a mother's perspective...

...and a daughter's perspective: Worth it.

Oh it's so hard to choose! I could just list them all! But I'll stop. Just know that there were lots of wonderful things said, both in the posts and in the comments, and you should go and read them all immediately, here and here. I believe there is even more to come today - bonus!

I will also be re-posting my own In Her Own Words effort on this blog later today, to keep everything in the one place and just in case you somehow managed to miss it on Any Other Wedding (er, what have you been doing? Working or something??)


Inspired by all of these fabulous women, I also wanted to pay a little belated tribute to my own fabulous women, all of whom are shown in the picture above. My aunt, my granny, my nana and most of all my lovely mum - I am so proud and grateful to have these women to look up to and learn from, and I hope to make them proud of me, too.


0 boats moored