If my blog were an outfit

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

It would be a jaunty mixture of practical and ridiculous.

Sounds about right.

NEW GAME. If you (or your blog) were an outfit, what would it be? Bonus points if you make a moodboard (I recommend Polyvore for the Photoshop-impaired).

Necklace: Amanda Deer | Dress: Joy | Shoes: Zara | Bag: Cambridge Satchel Company



PEOPLE PLAYED ALONG!

 Lisa of This Girl Is is clearly a total badass.
 Cutest outfit ever (and not a red boot in sight) from Wendy of Red Boots.
 Screw my blog outfit, I want this one instead. Annie of Beard Today Gone Tomorrow has excellent taste.
I also want this t-shirt, thanks to Michelle of My Creative.
Trust Moz to take this game to the next (awesome) level, considering every detail from nail varnish to sunglasses.
Better late than never, Kate! Cutest apron ever?
The lovely Siobhan of Siobhan Claude Van Damme included a BOOK in hers. A book!

17 boats moored

  1. I can't believe you found all that stuff, it's almost like you worked backwards from them!

    I think if and when you get this outfit you should have Lauren take some new pictures and use one for your profile here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is it took me two seconds to find all this stuff, because I'd already pinned it all. I suppose my eye must be drawn to certain colours, or perhaps the blog design is influencing my subconscious somehow... either way, I really want the whole lot.

      Delete
    2. I'm going to keep an eye out for appropriate stuff. If I know my blogging style I'll probably post a reply to this in, oh, about six months.

      Delete
  2. Such a simple yet clever post- I love it! I'd love a Cambridge satchel and the ankles that could carry off those gold shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. That outfit is so you - and by extension your blog. ALso you saved my Blogging Every Day ass. I blogged me outfit! http://thisgirlis.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/blogging-every-day-in-may-day-7.html
    (THis is also the first time I've used polyvore).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you played along! Let's see if it catches on, shall we?

      Delete
  4. I read this on Lisa_Marie's blog - this is so your blog and so you. If my blog were an outfit it would be all the colours - maybe a pink top with a skirt made of CDs? And then brightly coloured vans as shoes. I think what I'm saying is your blog has a coherent identity and mine would be shiny and bright but a bit of a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this idea and your one looks so spot on I thought i'd have a go too! here's the link if you fancy a look http://beardtoday-gonetomorrow.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/if-my-blog-were-outfit.html
    (sadly i didn't use polyvore - couldn't find half the stuff on it but i'm prob doing something wrong. I wonder if there's something even easier for those who suffer from photoshop AND polyvore ineptness?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this so much!

      Polyvore is easy if you have the little 'Clip to Polyvore' bookmarklet, which works just like the 'Pin It' button - then you can just add whatever you like.

      Delete
    2. a-ha! *and all becomes clear*
      great tip - thanks!

      Delete
  6. Kirsty! Your blog is so adorably stylish I can't even handle it. If I saw it walking down the street I may even be brave enough to ask it to be my friend. Or at least to style me an outfit or two.

    Such a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somehow I think my blog outfit would be kind of boring — lots of dark grey. Including a corset in the ensemble would be too on the nose.

    But this outfit for you and your blog is so so so perfect. You are going to buy it, right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have the necklace, but I'm not sure I can justify the rest... we'll see.

      Yours would definitely not be boring! Grey, yes, but I see yours as having lots of interesting shapes and structural details. Really high-quality, intelligent pieces. No corsets ;)

      Delete
  8. What a fun idea, I'm thinking about mine and I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete